Bike of the Month - May 2009
This bike was originally purchased from eBay – looked like it was preserved in a time capsule; purchased from a woman directly outside of Detroit, Michigan.
The bike was shipped directly to Bill Clem at Great Escape Cycle in Signal Hill, California. Mr. Clem deserves all the restoration credit. I only secured the bike and funded the project. No one knows more about Elsinores than Bill Clem.
· All new equipment from the ground up…tires, cables, levers, bars, chain, sprockets, bushings, bearings, etc
· Motor completely disassembled and built to racing standards – porting, head milling, cases matched, stronger rod, rebuilt crank
· Factory Works Honda RC Pipe
· Suspension completely rebuilt – 43MM forks and rear shock
· Complete Honda CR480R Front End including Lead double shoe front brake assembly
· 43MM Aluminum Billet Upper and Lower Triple Clamps
· Pro Taper Bars
· 2008 CRF450 Foot Pegs
· NOS 1981 Clutch/Water Pump Assembly – Eliminates the Magnesium Corrosion – FOREVER*
* This was the primary reason I decides to not invest in a 1983 CR125R restoration
Steve J. Campbell