Tips and Tricks

Share your Elsinore expertise! (This is NOT a Q&A Forum.)
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1983 CR250R
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:57 pm 
Does anybody have any tips on finding out how much my 1983 cr250r is worth? Please reply!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:05 pm 

Johnny,

It all depends on condition of the bike. I have seen decent ones going for $1,200-1,700 and someone gave me mine for just taking it away from his backyard. Mine may not have been worth the price I paid, because it was in bad shape. I have already spent a lot of money finding parts and would have been better off buying a complete ready to race bike, but at least I'll learn how to restore from the frame up (after buying another frame). LOL

So I would say condition and what people in your area are willing to pay. I don't know of any value or price guide for 1980's dirt bikes.

J

1979 CR125

1983 CR480 (x2)

1988 CR250

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

I bought my '83 CR250R for $800 and then did a frame-off restoration on it, bringing the total up to $1,500, not counting my time to do the restoration. After completion it looked like the pictures of it in the My Bikes area of this website. This may give you some idea of your bike's worth.

Report this post

Post subject: 1983 CR250R
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:43 pm 
I should have included some information on my bike. It belonged to my one of my dad's good friends which had it stored for seven years. In that seven years it was ridden two or three times. This thing is in awesome shape for a 21 year old bike. It has all the original plastics (still shiny, straight, and unfaded), pipe(no dents), seat cover with a couple of tears, wheels, sprockets and chain. I recently changed the shroud stickers, the grips are scott grips, and the silencer I changed to a universal fmf. As preventive maintance I had Shock Therapy in Brea, CA replace all the seals when the waterpump mechanical seal started leaking. It is super clean and 98% original. When I get back home from school one of these weekends I am gonna post pictures. Shock Therapy estimated it to be worth about $2,000 to a vintage racer. Do you guys think its a fair price? I want to get at least a 1996 CR250 because many parts for my 1983 CR250 were discontinued by Honda.

Report this post