Tips and Tricks

Share your Elsinore expertise! (This is NOT a Q&A Forum.)
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quick Tips
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:18 pm 

OK, here's my short list of little inexpensive things to do to your scoot.

1) To better clean the dust and junk of the fork tube I make a couple raps of oil soaked foam rubber around the tube and underneath the stock fork wiper. The stock fork wipers pretty quickly wear out enough that the small stuff goes right down to the seals and accelerates the wear on them. (Old desert racer trick. 8) )

2) The two carb vent tubes that come out on each side up high by the slide body I loop them up and over to the opposite side. The two cross at right about the top of the carb and then descend down to the bottom of the carb. This *seems* to give a little boost when you accelerate out of a corner after leaning the bike over in the corner. Rather than dump the overflow out leaving you lean when you are upright again this dumps some of that overflow back in quickly. (I just tried it this weekend after talking to a buddy who builds race karts and suggested I try it.)

3) I put a bead of high temp RV sealant around outside of the exhaust manifold before I mount my expansion chamber. I also put an O-ring (available from FMF) up there first. You can also use the RV sealant on the stinger end of your chamber before you mount your silencer. This really cuts down on the blow by.

OK, any other quick tips out there?

Loren
'73 CR-250

Report this post